Crafty Bones? What does that even mean?
Well I am Crafty Bones, my name is Leanna Haughian and I am the maker behind everything you see here.
Why did I name my company this?
- Well I wanted Crafty to be in my business name.
- Because one of my only nicknames growing up was Bones.
Why did i want to have crafty in the business name? It is way more than just crochet and patterns. I have a true love for making and learning new tasks. I have a huge floor loom in my crafty room at home, I will try pretty much any project or type of craft at least once. I also involve my boys in as much as I can when it comes to creativity and having the opportunity for them to explore their own experiences with crafting.
Why did I want to have Bones in my business name? Growing up my grandfather, we called him Papa, would call me Leanna Bones. This ended up being really the only nickname i have ever really had, and from what i remember he is the only one who would call me Bones. When I think of myself as Bones it brings a smile to my face and the joy I want to bring to all my work. So to me it was so fitting to have it as part of my business name.
A Little bit more!
For those of you that dont know me personally here is a bit more about myself.
I am a wife to my very supportive husband Brendan and we have three wonderful boys. We live in Edmonton Alberta Canada.
I am a red seal hairstylist who has become a work at home mom since having our oldest son back in 2015. I have turned my focus onto fibre arts ats first because I wanted to make cute things for myself and my kiddos. Crocheting, knitting and sewing is very represented by both mine and my husbands family members so I have been around it my whole life in one way or another. Slowly I started to realize how much I enjoyed having the time to make up a pattern or crochet an item. It is something I can do when I have time or when the kids have gone to bed for the evening. And this is where I am now. Starting the journey of sharing all of this with you all.
- I decided to start blogging to be able to reach more people with my stories and patterns
- I will have everything from my crochet patterns, to DIY tips for the household, to what works best with 3 boys in your house
- I hope to be able to help you all want to reach for a crochet hook and start to learn, or try a weaving course
- I want to help rekindle your lost love for the fiber arts if you have lost that passion.
Are we friends yet?
Click below to follow me on instagram, or join my email list to get the latest Crafty Bones info.